Competition Terms and Conditions
These competition rules shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us, our sponsors or any company or website owned or controlled by us or our parent company from time to time.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
* You must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK to enter our competitions.
* No employee of the radio station or their families or employees and families of associated companies may enter a competition run by the Company.
* Unless specified, entries are limited to one per household or primary residence although entries are acceptable from family members at different addresses.
* Stray FM may limit the competition entrants to only those people living within the station’s official Total Survey Area (TSA) at the time of the competition. Entries will be excepted from the following United Kingdom Postcodes: BB18, BB8, BD1, BD10, BD11, BD12, BD13, BD14, BD15, BD16, BD17, BD18, BD19, BD2, BD20, BD21, BD22, BD23, BD3, BD4, BD5, BD6, BD7, BD8, BD9, DL6, DL7, DL8, DL9, HD1, HD2, HD3, HD4, HD5, HD6, HD7, HD8, HG1, HG2, HG3, HG4, HG5, HX1, HX2, HX3, HX4, HX5, HX6, HX7, LS1, LS10, LS11, LS12, LS13, LS14, LS15, LS16, LS17, LS18, LS19, LS2, LS20, LS21, LS22, LS23, LS24, LS25, LS26, LS27, LS28, LS29, LS3, LS4, LS5, LS6, LS7, LS8, LS9, S71, S72, S75, WF1, WF10, WF11, WF12, WF13, WF14, WF15, WF16, WF17, WF2, WF3, WF4, WF5, WF6, WF7, WF8, WF9, YO1, YO10, YO19, YO23, YO24, YO26, YO30, YO31, YO32, YO41, YO51, YO60, YO61, YO62, YO7, YO8.
* Proof of making a phone call, sending post/e-mail is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
* The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
* In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
* Winners will be formally notified (by email or post) within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email.
* Stray FM’sdecision is final.
* The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
* With the exception of cash prizes, there is no cash value assigned to any prize and therefore no cash equivalent available. In the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
* Where a competition requires the presence of an entrant, failure to appear will result in the forfeit of any prize opportunity although, in some cases with prior agreement, a substitute attendee can appear.
* Where the prize on offer is a motor vehicle entrants must possess a valid and full driving licence for that class of vehicle. Unless otherwise specified road tax and motor insurance is and remains the responsibility of the winner.
* Unless otherwise specified, where the prize is an overseas holiday it is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they hold the necessary insurances and visa's to protect their interests abroad.
* Use of false name or address, ie name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. We reserve the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address before such person may claim their prize.
* We will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
* Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
* No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
* Stray FM reserve the right to change these Competition Terms and Conditions at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
* We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
* We may at any time issue specific rules to be read in conjunction with these rules. In the event of a conflict between two sets of rules, the competition-specific rules take priority.
* These rules are governed by English law.
Use of The Site You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use The Site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any The Site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of The Site content requires the prior written permission of Stray FM. You agree to use The Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of The Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within The Site.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability The Site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Stray FM, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Stray FM will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of The Site. Stray FM does not warrant that functions contained in The Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that The Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Intellectual Property The names, images and logos identifying the Stray FM or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Stray FM and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Stray FM, or any other third party.
Contributions to The Site Where you are invited to submit any contribution to The Site (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Stray FM a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to Stray FM the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to The Site. Further to the above paragraph, by submitting your contribution to The Site, you: warrant that your contribution; is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Stray FM for all the purposes specified above; is not defamatory; and does not infringe any law; and indemnify FIRE against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by FIRE as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on The Site and the purposes specified above.
General If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Stray FM may change these Competition Terms and Conditions at any time.