Sam Smith / Normani: Dancing With A StrangeriTunesAmazon

Sam Smith / Normani: Dancing With A StrangeriTunesAmazon

Minskip house fire started by e-cigarette charger

Minskip house fire started by e-cigarette charger

Published by The Stray FM News Team at 11:07am 25th January 2018. (Updated at 11:08am 25th January 2018)

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service attended a fire which broke out in a property in Minskip last night.

The fire started in a residential property at around 10.30 last night (Wednesday 24th January). 

It was not detected until the smoke from the fire filtered into the neighbouring house through the extractor fan.

Crews from Boroughbridge and Knaresborough attended the property and discovered the fire in the kitchen.

It is believed to have started from an e-cigarette charger and spread to the kitchen cupboard and kitchen ceiling.

The crews were able to extinguish the fire using a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus.

The crews ventilated the properties affected by opening windows and awaited the return of the owners to secure the buildings.

More news from across Harrogate, Craven and Wharfedale