Underground electrical fire in Pool-in-Wharfedale

Underground electrical fire in Pool-in-Wharfedale

Published by The Stray FM News Team at 12:24pm 5th March 2020.

It's caused traffic problems and forced the closure of the village's primary school.

  • The blaze broke out under a manhole cover at around 9.50am this morning.
  • It was successfully extinguished by the fire service and no-one was injured.
  • But it did lead to significant traffic delays and the village's primary school has had to close for the day.

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service say an electrical fire broke out under a manhole cover in Pool-in-Wharfedale this morning.

It happened on Arthington Lane (the A659), near the roundabout, at around 9.50am.

Fire crews from Rawdon attended and successfully put the fire out using a dry powder extinguisher.

No-one was injured by the fire, but it has affected the electrical supply in parts of the village.

The village's primary school had their power turned off by Northern Powergrid, so have had to close for the day.

 

Picture courtesy of Google Street View