: Waiting for next track...

: Waiting for next track...

Dog alerts owners to fire outside static caravan in Knaresborough

Dog alerts owners to fire outside static caravan in Knaresborough

Published by The Stray FM News Team at 10:29am 15th March 2020.

The pet's barking warned them of the blaze, which involved a washing machine and tumble dryer.

  • It broke out just outside a static caravan on Wetherby Road in the town just before 5am this morning (Sunday)
  • Firefighters have praised the dog who barked alerting it's owner, calling it 'very clever'
  • The washing machine and tumble dryer were both destroyed, but a more serious outcome was prevented

A washing machine and tumble dryer caught fire next to a static caravan in Knaresborough early this morning.

It broke out on Wetherby Road just before 5am.

The resident's dog was the first to spot it, with it's barking alerting them to the blaze.

The occupier tackled the fire themselves with a fire extinguisher, with firefighers taking over when they arrived.

The washing machine and tumble dryer were completely destroyed and a small part of adjacent wooden decking was damaged, but the outcome could have been more serious if the dog's barking hadn't warned it's owners of the blaze.

Firefighters have praised the dog, calling it 'very clever'.