Beatles: Let It BeiTunesAmazon

Beatles: Let It BeiTunesAmazon

Skipton takeaway gutted by fire

Skipton takeaway gutted by fire

Published at 7:47am 12th June 2015. (Updated at 4:52pm 12th June 2015)

Firefighters have been tackling a blaze at a takeaway shop in Skipton.

They were called to Chico's Pizza on Sackville Street at around 6.30am and the three-storey building was said to be "well alight".

Crews from Harrogate, Grassington, Silsden and Keighley were asked to provide assistance.

They managed to surround the fire and the incident was scaled down by 8.10am.

It's believed the blaze was accidentally started by an electrical item in the shop.

For many years, the takeaway has been a popular destination on nights out and several regular customers have got in touch with Stray FM after hearing about what happened.

Nathan said: "I drove past it today, it's destroyed, I nearly wept."

Kayleigh said: "It's so sad. When will it reopen?"

Dale added: "I feel like I've lost a part of my life."

Skipton takeaway fire

Skipton takeaway fire

Top photo courtesy of Skipton Community First Responders @SkiptonCFRs